Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Day Off?

So Tuesday's and Thursday's are my days "off." Life has been this way (mostly) since I began college. I started working Mon, Wed, Fri's as a way to allow Tue and Thur's solely for school.
When I graduated and got married I just continued this schedule so that I could have a couple of days to get errands and house-cleaning done, as well as some time with Dominic after school.
And so it continued...Now my days "off" are full of juggling rides to school, little ones' activities, housework, shopping, naps...craziness! And lots of fun!

Today I had planned to spend a nice quiet day with very little activity, but as I sat on the couch in my sweats at 5:30am drinking my coffee and enjoying a half an hour of no kids, no nothing, the wheels in my head started turning...

After taking Dominic to school and completing our morning routine, which seems to take FOREVER, we headed out for Michael's and Safeway. Connor and Daddy started a wooden model on Sunday, in which they ran out of supplies for and I desperately needed some groceries.

We came home, had lunch, and began making cookies, which has become a pretty regular Tuesday activity. (I shouldn't be doing this while I'm dieting, but...oh well!) Since I started blogging and reading others' more often, I have been getting some pretty amazing recipe's.
Today we tried the Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe from smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com. (Is that how I link? I'm still learning this stuff!)


That's tomato sauce from lunch on his face, not cookie dough!

These are a dream!
Later, after naptime, in which both kids slept at the same time (thank you, God!)
Connor, Emma, and I went on a "Leaf Walk." Connor rode his scooter and had a bag with him to collect all the neat looking leaves we could find along the way.
When we got home Dominic came outside to participate (a little) in our collage-making and crayon rubs.




Connor found a few other wonderful treasures as well!


Connor's crayon rub...



And mine...
Daddy finally arrived home and we had dinner...Pancakes and eggs!
Just as I was about to receive the Mother-of-the-Year-Award for such a wonderful day, I went and made my family pancakes and eggs for dinner. Don't juuudge me.
We got Emma down for the night (Well, maybe not for the NIGHT) and Daddy-Connor time started with some modeling...



This was while Dominic had some computer time (until a friend called to see if he'd go swimming with him at 8:00 on a chilly Fall night! Teenagers are CRAZY!)



My day ended with this...Thank you, Heidi, for recommending this one to me...I LOVE it!

Thank you to my honey for corking it...

When I asked my hubby to take a picture of me with my glass of wine, well, he missed!

Ummm.... a little higher honey!

There! Maybe my day isn't over yet...












4 comments:

  1. :) You did a great job on your crayon rub, Laura. Mrs. Layne and Mrs. Grant would be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and love you!! You are Super Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMmmmmmm La Crema.... So good.... :)

    What a good Crafty Mama you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I wish my days off went like that! You ARE super mom!! La Crema's good, but I highly recommend Sterling (and it's cheaper!) Shutup Heidi.

    ReplyDelete