Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

One thing I love about following other blogs is getting new recipes. I think most moms can relate when I say that I don't mind the act of cooking. It's the thinking of what to cook that gets really old. And so do some of my recipes.
My good friend, Kim, recently posted about a Stuffed Pepper Recipe that she often cooks.
So recently when I was trying to think of something to cook for my brother, his wife, and my family, I decided to give it a try.
EVERYONE loved it (including Connor and Emma Kate!
And it was SUPER easy!
OK so mine aren't very pretty, but what the heck...you don't look at them very long...
unless of course, you take a picture!

So here's what boggles my mind...I have a couple of friends who continuously blow me away by the recipes they post...a couple of friends whom I would have never guessed 5 years ago would be cooking anything fancy.

Don't get me wrong, fancy is not a word that is often used in my kitchen.

Kim, for example has come a long way from her Turkey Stroganoff Recipe that she gave me at my bridal shower back in 2003. (Each girl was asked to bring a recipe and "scrap" it to get me started on my newlywed cooking. I love this book and these recipes!) I still add to it...especially with the recipes that my friends post on their blogs. Everytime I make that particular recipe, I think of that special person in my life:)

Thank you Kim, for both of these treasures! I will keep them forever!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I love melty cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh and laugh... So glad you and your family loved the peppers!!! That is why they are a staple in our house. :)

    Laura, I have to be honest, I don't remember ever making that stroganoff recipe. I probably saw it in a cookbook and thought it sounded like a "married" thing to cook. Hilarious!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete