Monday, July 15, 2013

End of the School Year

OK I know it's the middle of July and I should be updating you on the 4th, how our Summer is going, etc...I am so far behind that I was going to skip all the end of the school year stuff and the first half of our Summer...and then I was going through pictures...and realized too much has happened to skip it!
 
So this is me...once again...playing catchup!
 
Dominic just finished his Junior Year.
Let's take a minute to think about what that really means...
SENIOR YEAR IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!
Every time I think about that, the tears well up in my eyes.
Here's a look at how he has changed this year...
 
     August                                      June       
Dominic got Straight A's again with a Cumulative GPA of 4.333.
Can I get a WOOHOO?!?!
 
This Summer is the first in many years that Dom will not be performing in a Summer musical.
He has a lot planned including Hume Lake, Boys' State, and a mission to Mexico.
 
Connor, on the other hand, just finished First Grade!
 
August                                         June 
Connor met a ton of new friends, learned how to read, and LOVES school.
What more could a mom ask for?!

I think I've mentioned it before but I will say it again...
We loved his teacher this year and wish we could take her with us to 2nd Grade! 
Connor and a couple of his closest buddies... 

And our end of the year post would not be complete without a picture with this man... 
He is the grandfather of one of Connor's classmates.
She lives with her Grandpa and he takes her to and from school every day,
so he was definitely part of our daily lives.
He is so sweet to all the kids and they all love him as well...
Every morning Connor and Emma Kate couldn't wait to see him in line!
 
This Summer Connor can't wait to go on vacation, go to Church Camp, Flag Football Camp,
take swim lessons...
and PLAY A LOT!
 
The end of the school year also came with an end of a season for this momma...
after 16 years at the bank, an amazing offer, and much prayer...
I resigned.
It's been 4 weeks since my last day and I still can't believe I am not there anymore.
As much as I knew that it was the right thing to do, it was a really sad time saying good-bye to the customers I have helped for so many years.
On the other hand I don't start my new job till the end of July...so
I am getting to really enjoy a lot of the Summer with the kids.
 
LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!
(I really could do this full time!)

2 comments:

  1. Love your side by side shots! The kids are getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dom, that is AWESOME with the GPA. Keep it up! Aw, Connor is getting so big. :(

    ReplyDelete